Bournemouth Park Academy

Get in touch

Contact Details

Social Media

Interactive Bar

Google Services





SEND & Inclusion


A pupil has a registered SEND if they have a learning difficulty and/or disability which calls for special educational provision to be made for him/her.

A pupil has a learning difficulty or disability if he or she:

  • Has a significantly greater difficulty in learning than the majority of children of the same age.
  • Has a disability which prevents or hinders them from making use of facilities of a kind generally provided for children of the same age in mainstream schools.


Below are the key Bournemouth Park Academy SEND documents, including out BPA Provision offer, which outlines all of the provision we have available across the Academy. 

SEND Code of Practice

Local Offer


A ‘Local Offer’ gives children and young people with SEND (and their families) information about what support services the Local Authority make available in their local area.  It has two key purposes:


• To provide clear, comprehensive, accessible and up-to-date information about the available provision and how to access it, and
• To make provision more responsive to local needs and aspirations by directly involving disabled children and those with SEND and their parents, and disabled young people and those with SEND, and service providers in its development and review.


The Local Offer is published as part of the SEND reforms under the Children and Families Act 2014 and will be developed and reviewed over time, with the involvement of young people, parents and service providers.


For more information on the Local Offer click on the links below:


Southend: Local Offer - (SEND) – Southend-on-Sea City Council

Live Well Southend: 


SEND Advice

If you need confidential advice and support, you should speak to your local parent partnership service.


Details of your local service can be found at:


Legal advice on matters relating to education and SEN is also available from: Coram Children’s Legal Centre:


Independent Parental Special Educational Advice: