Free School Meals
Did you know by registering your child for free school meals will mean that Bournemouth Park will receive extra money called “Pupil Premium” which we will use to support children who are not making expected progress? For every child registered the school gets £900 this year. How does it work?
1. First, check to see if you qualify, it’s not just for the unemployed.
2. Registering is really quick and easy – just contact the school office who will be able to help you if you think you qualify. Alternatively, the Local Authority are now offering an on-line service to enable you to check whether you are eligible for free school meals and to apply on-line. The website address is: www.southend.gov.uk/fsm
4. If you don’t want your child to have the school meals they can continue having packed lunch - as long as you qualify and are registered, the school still gets £900 extra. Being entitled and receiving free school meals does not affect any other benefits you may receive.
Register now to make sure you don’t and we don't miss out
Check to see you if qualify;
- You can register your child for Free School Meals if you get any of these benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- Working Tax Credit 'run-on' - the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
For further details on how we use our ‘Pupil Premium’ please see the section.