Prior to converting to Academy, the school was subject to a Section 5 Ofsted Inspection in March 2016 when it achieved a ‘Good’ outcome.
Summary of key findings:
- The school is improving, leaders and governors have successfully tackled key areas for improvement - Pupils’ outcomes are improving.
- From their starting points, most pupils make good progress over time.
- They do best of all in mathematics and can apply this well to other areas of learning.
- Pupils enjoy the interesting tasks teachers set and are motivated to work hard.
- Teaching, learning and assessment are good.
- Guidance from teachers makes clear how pupils can improve their work.
- Children in the Early Years provision are taught well.
- They enjoy a range of exciting learning activities - the curriculum is broad and exciting; it develops pupils’ literacy and numeracy skills well.
- Gaps in learning arising from weaker teaching in the past are successfully being overcome
- New appointments to key leadership positions in the school, have improved teaching and learning across the school.
- Pupils respond well to staff expectations and are focused during lessons.
- Governors hold the school’s leaders to account effectively and help to drive the school to improve