Additional Learning Activities
Reading every day
https://stories.audible.com/start-listen -instantly stream an incredible range of stories for FREE!
https://manybooks.net/search-book?field_genre%5B14%5D=14 – free e-books (mainly children’s classics)
https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/reading-owl/library-page - over 100 books, free to register.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/stories?page=2 – stories for younger children.
Do some free writing every now and then: a diary or daily log or even a comic! Also:
www.thereadingrealm.co.uk – writing linked to some reading activities.
http://www.pobble365.com/ - resources to help inspire writing
https://www.literacyshedplus.com/en-gb/browse/free-resources - reading comprehensions and writing packs.
Try some practical hands-on maths: cooking (measuring, weighing, ratios), online shopping, board and card games, reading the time, plan a schedule with timings, use the TV guide to plan viewing.
- https://play.ttrockstars.com/auth/school/student - Times Tables Rockstars
-https://nrich.maths.org/9084 - maths activities to engage in.
-https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/group/b08bzfnh - TV programme for younger children.
-http://www.amathsdictionaryforkids.com/dictionary.html – for anyone who is ‘stuck’ on a particular mathematical term.
-www.topmarks.co.uk - huge range of tablet friendly resources for mental maths
- Go outside and observe the natural world. Create a daily weather log. Grow plants and look at the differences in them on a daily basis. Look up at the night sky and observe the stars, learn about the constellations.
- https://www.stem.org.uk/primary-science - topic linked science resources
- www.stormedapps.co.uk - Science for Early Years
- https://www.kentwildlifetrust.org.uk/actions - Practical Science activities to help nature
- https://www.tes.com/teaching-resources/shop/paultyler -Science activities for older children
- Some fine motor work. Lego, cutting, playdough, tidying up small toys.
- Some art/music where possible through the week. It doesn't always need to be guided.
- https://www.bl.uk/childrens-books/videos/axel-scheffler-how-to-draw-a-gruffalo - different instructional guides for characters from well-loved stories.
- There are a range of artists and musicians offering live streams or with you tube channels to guide you through some art activities.
Across the curriculum
- https://www.purplemash.com/sch/bournemouth - Purple Mash creative activities
- https://world-geography-games.com/world.html world games
- http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/forkids/ - the full range of topics your child is likely to study at primary level.
- https://www.scouts.org.uk/the-great-indoors - some great ideas to inspire activities.
-Jamie Oliver - helps the nation with easy recipes, cooking tips, and ingenious hacks whilst many of us are staying at home. Jamie: Keep Cooking and Carry On starts Monday at 5:30pm on Channel 4
-https://www.jamesdysonfoundation.co.uk/content/dam/pdf/JDF_with%20cover%20challenge-cards_DIGITAL.pdf Dyson challenge cards – how many can you complete?
- https://www.youtube.com/user/thebodycoach1 – Joe Wicks 30 minute workouts.
-https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/supermovers - follow the exercise routines
- https://www.cosmickids.com – yoga activities for children
-Design your own circuit of 10 stations. Work for 30 seconds, rest for 30 seconds
-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShqENm8bBKs (Mrs Brough's online PE lesson week 1)
-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt-jTh4BjAo (Mr Bose's online PE lesson week 1)
-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2-gU1HBVp4 (Mrs Brough's online PE lesson week 2)
-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fepQCm2aKG0 (Mrs Brough's online PE lesson week 3)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=andSOTSKfj0 (Mr Bose's online PE lesson week 4)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejWR7q2lvaE (Mrs Brough's online PE lesson week 5)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njhTbzcURN0 (Mrs Brough's online PE lesson week 6)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1OJadIzI6g (Miss Lee's online PE lesson Spring 2 week 1)
For more ideas to stay active go to the PE and Sport Page on the schools website :-)