For your first History task this week, you are going to research The Titanic (The ship - not the film!)
You may collect your research however you like! Some examples are: a poster, a table, a chart or even a collage!
When researching, try to find out information about:
- What was the Titanic?
- When and where was the Titanic built?
- Why is the Titanic still famous today?
- What happened to the Titanic? (Details!)
- What were the key events of the sinking?
- What kind of people were on the Titanic?
- What factors contributed to the disaster? Could it have been avoided?
For your second task, imagine you are a passenger aboard the Titanic. Write a letter documenting your thoughts and feelings before and during the sinking.
Remember your audience and purpose - Who is the letter being written to? Who will be reading it? Why is the letter being written? Why are you writing it? - Think about these things when writing your letter.
Remember to also decide what class your passenger is - this will help with your formality!
For your Topic Homework this half term (extra activities!), choose 4 boxes from the sheet below to complete.
Don't forget to send evidence of your work to your teacher!