This week, we are looking at measuring / calculating perimeter and area. This is the first time we have looked at this in Year 5 so don't panic if you find it tricky at first.
You can choose to watch the teaching video or work through the teaching slides (or do both) and then complete the worksheet.
In addition, we will also have our Arithmetic lesson. Revise some of the skills we were looking at last half term, as it has been a while we won't introduce a new skill this week, just recap our previous learning and complete the half test.
- squaring and cubing numbers
- adding decimals
- using times table facts for large multiplications e.g. 3 x 400
- adding / subtracting up to 6 digit numbers
- multiplying and dividing by 10,100 & 1000
- multiplying by 1 digit & by 2 digits
- bus stop division for diving by 1 digit