Maths consists of 5 lessons and 1 arithmetic lesson.
The 5 lessons this week are all about multiplying and using a formal written method. Check the method and then practice using the questions on the worksheets.
In Arithmetic, we will revise some key skills already learnt.
- squaring and cubing numbers
- adding decimals
- using times table facts for large multiplications e.g. 3 x 400
- adding / subtracting up to 6 digit numbers
- multiplying and dividing by 10,100 & 1000
- multiplying by 1 digit
- bus stop division for diving by 1 digit
Our new skill that we will introduce is multiplying by 2 digits (which will link to our main Maths lessons).
Spend time this week going through the Arithmetic paper and circling questions you don't know how to answer then spend time learning the method instead of completing the whole test.