Ask the children what they already know about using conjunctions.
Explain: Conjunctions are used to extend sentences and give extra information. They can be used at the beginning or in the middle of sentences.
Work through Conjunctions PowerPoint (and, or, but, so).
Children to complete Differentiated Conjunctions worksheet.
Recap yesterday's learning.
Children to use the conjunctions to complete the sentences. Each conjunction should only be used once.
and, but, while, so, because
- There are little fish ____ big fish living in the sea.
- The octopus swam away ____ it wouldn’t get hit by the passing fish.
- The seaweed looks like a plant ____ it is an algae.
- Whales eat plankton ____ they are swimming.
- Whales come up to the surface of the sea ____ they have to breathe.
Children to create their own sentences using conjunctions.
Play hangman using weekly spellings.
(spellings found under Friday)
Re-cap week's learning.
Children to work through conjunctions work sheet packs.
Complete the spelling test.